Insurance Sector Exams
The insurance sector is one of the fastest growing economies of our country which brings dynamic career advancement opportunities. The job profile in this sector involves purchasing and maintaining various financial, administrative and personal services, carrying out work and purchase inquiries, and preparing and scrutinizing the bills for payment.
Government Insurance companies taking exams are:
- LIC (Life Insurance Corporation)
- GIC (General Insurance Corporation)
- NICL (National Insurance Corporation Ltd.)
- UIIC (United India Insurance Corporation)
- Oriental Insurance Co. Ltd.
- New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
- Postal Life Insurance
Career Arena of Insurance:
- Officer positions
- Assistant Positions
- Insurance surveyor positions
Eligibility For LIC Officers’ Examination
Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from a recognized Indian or Foreign University with a minimum of 50% marks (relaxable in the case of SC /ST candidates to 40%) in aggregate in either of the degrees.
Candidates for appearing LIC Officers Exam must be between 21 to 28 years on the 1st April of the year of examination. Upper age limit is relaxable for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, confirmed LIC employees, etc.
Exam Pattern Of LIC Officers’ Examination:
Two stage exam:
Stage I: Written Examination
Written Test consists of Paper I which is objective in nature and Paper II which is descriptive in nature.
- Reasoning Ability (Bilingual)
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs (Bilingual)
- Numerical Ability (Bilingual)
- English Language with special emphasis on grammar and vocabulary.
(Descriptive) is a test on Essay which can be written in English or Hindi. Descriptive type test also contains a test on practice and comprehension in English.
Stage II: Interview
Those who are successful in the written Examination of LIC Officers’ Examination, will be called for a personal interview.